6 Lessons I learned in 2018
1. Put PEOPLE First. this is the #1 lesson I learned this year, in business and in my personal life, is that people come first. Your core team and the people you surround yourself with is KEY. Align yourself with those who challenge you, support you and level you up! Everything in life is a PEOPLE game, creating relationships, doing good and just being your best self to the people around you and listening to their needs comes first.
2. Create PERSONAL time. Schedule time to unwind and recharge. We are always so "busy". Ensure that you schedule time for yourself away from digital devices. This helped me get grounded and spark creativity.
3. Craft a PLAN. Its the new year and we are all writing down our goals. But this is a habit that has to be done daily. Plan your hours, days, weeks and even months ahead. Commit, to planning your days with a few key action steps that help point you to your GOALs because without a map you will have no direction to your destination.
4. Have a PURPOSE. Sometimes life gets you going in circles and you stop and ask yourself why you are doing what you are doing. This is why it's important to know your purpose. Always Have a WHY. Why are you putting in long work days, growing your business or even endless hours at the gym? These things may feel repetitive and useless at times, but remember your WHY, and WHY you started. Write it down daily at the top of your daily planner with my PURPOSE is..
5. CHALLENGE yourself. Don't get comfortable, its too easy to start coasting, find things that push you outside your comfort zone. Do something weekly that is new, scares you and pushes your limits. e.g. Make that sales call, reach out, connect with your mentors, speak publically, or even create a YouTube channel. You never know when that one action changes your LIFE. Personal growth only starts to happen when you PUSH your boundaries. You can only help others when you help yourself first.
6. Focus on your HEALTH. You will have nothing without your health first, how can you take care of your family if you can't take care of yourself. This is one I am consistently working on and as a busy individual more than ever its important to focus on what you put in your body and have a focus on exercise. Creativity and peak performance starts with YOU. A healthy body will lead to a healthy MIND.
Thanks for reading, if any of these points resonate with you, I would love to hear your feedback. e-mail me at [email protected]